Here’s what we have been working on to keep you all safe upon reopening:
- Reduced capacity.
- 10 Students per class.
- Absolutely no late entry allowed at this time
- It’s necessary for you to arrive 15 minutes before class start time to ensure the safety of others and allow for safety protocols to be covered.
- Temperature checking of all employees and students upon entry
- All SYJ employees will participate in daily health checks as defined by the state.
- Face mask requirements:
- Desk staff will be required to wear masks.
- Teachers and students will be REQUIRED to wear masks upon entering and while in the studio. Masks must be worn at all times whether on or off your mat. **** new mandate as of 11/23/2020
- Increased cleaning by staff
- The studio & bathrooms will be cleaned with a hospital-grade sanitizer between classes, to include all surfaces and the floors.
- Contactless Booking & Check-in.
- Advanced bookings will be required for all classes.
- Absolutely no walk-ins are allowed.
- All bookings must be made 30 minutes prior to class.
- No props of any kind will be offered at SYJ.
- You must bring your own mats, blankets, and blocks as none will be available at SYJ.
- No towel service, tea service or water cooler will be available at SYJ.
- Please bring your own water bottle and towel.
- Hands-free sanitizing stations available at the entrances and exits and within the studio itself & hand sanitizer will be available in bathrooms.
- Touch-less towel and soap dispensers available in our bathrooms.
- SEPARATE ENTRANCE AND EXIT:
- Entrance to the yoga studio on North Water Street will be permitted by staff and your space will be assigned according to arrival (ie the first person will take the first mat in the front and the to right in the room, everyone follows in order).
- Teachers will dismiss you one by one and your exit will be out the back door of the studio (you may bring a small bag containing your keys and shoes with you into the studio, but YOUR PHONE MUST BE ON SILENT).
- Shoes are not permitted to be worn in the studio.
- You may take them off at the front door and carry them into the yoga studio.
- Please put them on by the exit door upon leaving the studio.
- Unfortunately, we can not allow for students to congregate in the lobby, this can be done once outside.
- The cancelation policy is 6 pm the night before. You will be charged for the class if you cancel later than this. Members will be charged a single class fee for late cancelations.
At SYJ we remain committed to maintaining our high standards of health and hygiene, but we are going to need your help too. Here’s what we are asking of you:
If you are sick, stay home. If you have experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days we ask that you not come to SYJ’s studio:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell/taste
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting test results, have been knowingly exposed to or come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to the SYJ for 14 days or until you have tested negative for COVID-19.
Maintain Social Distance / Minimize Contact. SYJ’s community is a strong one and while we love to be with one another we are going to need to refrain from close contact until the social distance requirements are lifted. We ask that you maintain at least 6 feet of distance between one another while in the studio. Please try your best to remain in class unless it is an emergency.
The CDC advises that anyone over the age of 65, or with pre-existing conditions, should minimize social contact. If you fall into this category, and are concerned about contracting Covid-19 we encourage you to stay home and continue to enjoy our on-line platform.
If there is a case of COVID-19 reported at SYJ, we will notify you immediately.
By choosing to attend a class at Saraswati’s Yoga Joint, even with the above mentioned safety measures, you acknowledge and accept the additional risks associated with the global health pandemic COVID-19.