Here’s the latest (as of May 19th, 2021) Covid-19 Protocol at SYJ:
- Mask Requirements as of May 19th, 2021
- The State of CT has given the go-ahead to allow for students, who have been fully vaccinated and are 2 weeks post a second vaccination, to enjoy their yoga practice mask-free within the studio.
- We are asking anyone who is not fully vaccinated to respect those around them and wear a mask.
- We are operating at 50% capacity in order to maintain a comfortable level of distance. This is not a state requirement, we are doing this as an additional safety precaution at this time.
- Advanced bookings are required for all classes.
- Contactless Booking & Check-in.
- Absolutely no walk-ins are allowed.
- All bookings must be made 30 minutes prior to class
- Absolutely no late entry allowed at this time
- It’s necessary for you to arrive 15 minutes before class start time to ensure the safety of others and allow for safety protocols to be covered.
- Increased cleaning by staff
- The studio & bathrooms will be cleaned with a hospital-grade sanitizer between classes, to include all surfaces and the floors.
- We encourage you to bring your own props (blocks, blankets & mats). No mats are being loaned at this time.
- No towel service, tea service or water cooler will be available at SYJ.
- Please bring your own water bottle and towel.
- Hands-free sanitizing stations available at the entrances and exits and within the studio itself & hand sanitizer will be available in bathrooms.
- Touch-less towel and soap dispensers available in our bathrooms.
- Shoes are not permitted to be worn in the studio
- Unfortunately, we can not allow for students to congregate in the lobby, this can be done once outside.
- SYJ’s cancelation policy is 6 pm the night before. You will be charged for the class if you cancel later than this. Members will be charged a single class fee for late cancelations & no shows. We are operating at 50% capacity, as such this policy is being strictly adhered to at this time. Please consider this prior to signing up in advance and mark your calendars if you plan on attending.
At SYJ we remain committed to maintaining our high standards of health and hygiene, but we are going to need your help too. Here’s what we are asking of you:
If you are sick, stay home. If you have experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days we ask that you not come to SYJ’s studio:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell/taste
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting test results, have been knowingly exposed to or come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to the SYJ for 14 days or until you have tested negative for COVID-19.
Maintain Social Distance / Minimize Contact. SYJ’s community is a strong one and while we love to be with one another we are going to need to refrain from close contact We ask that you maintain social distancing while in the studio. Please try your best to remain in class unless it is an emergency.
By choosing to attend a class at Saraswati’s Yoga Joint, even with the above mentioned safety measures, you acknowledge and accept the additional risks associated with the global health pandemic COVID-19.