Let’s face it: Replacing the crazies in our minds with peace is an awesome thing. Doing this while building strength and flexibility makes it SYJ.
You’ll find my classes both physically challenging and spiritually uplifting. I’ll play soulful music and share some thought provoking stories & philosophy, but I’ll also offer moments of silence.
I’ve been practicing yoga for more than 2 decades. It keeps me sane, inspires me to appreciate quiet and, well, it makes me feel happy.
Having founded Saraswati’s Yoga Joint 16 years ago, I’ve since then taught thousands of students, from beginner to advanced alike. The diverse community that has grown out of this dream keeps me humble.
I’m proud to be a teacher of teachers having co-taught & mentored hundreds of teachers for the past 15 years.
With a master’s degree in physical therapy from Columbia University, I apply my in-depth knowledge of the body and it’s architecture to all of my physical yoga classes, whether therapeutic or just down-right heat building and sweaty.
To all the teachers I’ve learned from throughout the years: Thank you! Here’s a quick summary of my educational and professional experiences:
- MSPT, Columbia University 1998
- Freelance Film/TV Producer 1988-1996
- Yoga Studies with Todd Norian (Anusara method) 2003-2004
- Yoga & Philosophy studies with Mitchel Bleier 2005-2012
- Co-teacher of SYJ/MB Yoga Teacher Trainings 2005-2012
- Philosophy Studies with Douglas Brooks 2003-present
- Director/Owner Saraswati’s Yoga Joint 2005-present
- Power of Awareness Training. – Tara Brach & Jack Kornfield – presently